LETTUCE TELL YOU...
Thank you Jamie Oliver
4 corn on the cob
½ a bunch of fresh coriander
½ a fresh red chilli
4 spring onions
3 ripe tomatoes
1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
1. Place a griddle pan on a medium-high heat to warm up.
2. Once hot, carefully add the corn and cook for around 15 minutes, or until hot through and lightly golden all over, turning with tongs regularly for even cooking.
3. Remove to a chopping board and leave to cool slightly.
4. Hold the charred corn steady on the board using a tea towel to protect your hand, then carefully run a knife down the sides to cut off the kernels, then put the kernels in a mixing bowl.
5. Pick and roughly chop the coriander leaves, discarding the stalks, then add them to the bowl.
6. Cut the chilli in half lengthways.
7. Hold the stalk end of each half steady, then run a teaspoon down the cut sides to scoop out the seeds and white pith.
8. Finely slice half the chilli, place in the bowl (save the rest for another recipe), then wash your hands thoroughly.
9. Trim and finely slice the spring onions, then add to the bowl.
10. Chop up the tomatoes and add them to the bowl with a tiny pinch of salt.
11. Cut the limes in half.
12. Squeeze all the juice into the bowl, drizzle over the extra virgin olive oil and mix well, then serve.
TIP: Using the palm of your hand, press and roll the limes around on a work surface before you cut them in half – it’ll help you to squeeze lots more juice out of them.