This report was updated on Wednesday 15th February 2017 for deliveries 20th - 23rd February 2017
Monday - Wednesday Delivery: Order by 4pm Friday for priority supply.
Monday - Wednesday Delivery: Order by 4pm Sunday.
Thursday Delivery: Order by 9.30am Monday.
Some things are worth the wait !
If you find you have missed the Cut-off's simply call our office - of course we will do our best to fill an order for you if we can : )
PRODUCE SPECIAL : Ralli Seedless Grapes - 1kg or more - $11.00 per kilo. Coming from Jesmond in Vinifera, VIC.
GROCERY SPECIAL : Wodonga Park - Nuts - Macadamia Raw (150gm) $6.80 each
Biodynamically grown in the rich basalt soils of the Blackbutt Rangers in Southern Queensland without the use of artificial fertilisers or chemicals.
- Graeme and Fiona Schultz have confirmed today that like every other Grower starting over the last 3 months....their Apples are running 2 - 3 weeks behind compared to last season. The good news is that until their amazing Royal Gala start, we do have great Gala and now Granny Smith available from McMahon in QLD. Juicing Apples are also fantastic value - they are simply new season Gala with an insect bite, with a strange shape and/or just really small.
- Plums from Green Gables have been amazing. Sadly we have seen the last of the Donsworth this week - a personal favourite at our end - these Blood Plums are absolutely delicious - I'm sure you will all agree, considering most of us have had them in our fruit bowl over the last few weeks considering they have been the produce special. Blood plums will continue, with another variety more like the picture we have on the website. Enjoy. Angelina/Sugar plums have also been excellent. These little teardrop shaped fruit are so sweet and just a mouth full. Excellent for children....and adults. Peaches from David arrived this week in very small numbers - we tried to share them around, but as many of you know we didn't quite get Peaches into everyone's order. Volumes are increasing this week and so there should be enough to go around. I love slip stone peaches - simply cut in half and twist to free the seed.
- All grape varieties were great this week...Ralli Seedless from Jesmond starting this week. Yeehah - they are so delicious and the produce special this week - $11.00 for a kilo or more. Enjoy ! Please keep in mind that there may be a few bad grapes amongst your bunch (that goes for all varieties)..it just happens especially on bunches that are tightly formed like Flame.
- Valencia Oranges are approaching the end of the season...fruit is starting to feel a little spongy, but flavour is still good. Remember to refrigerate at your end. Know what to expect.
- Fingerlimes grown in Uki have been excellent. For anyone who has not yet seen a Fingerlime do yourself a favour - they are a wonder of nature. They look like a long dark coloured lime...you cut them in half and squeeze...when you do so, these little balls of flavour burst out. Amazing ! With flesh that is red or green in colour, these little citrus balls are a fantastic accompaniment to fish (try with the NZ King Salmon or Cone Bay Barramundi we have on offer).
- Unfortunately Fred Rowdowsky has confirmed today that he will not have the volume of Strawberries we are after until at least mid March : ( Sorry everyone, we will continue to do the best we can to share them around until then.
- As many of you know, we were very short on Avocadoes this week....this was because we did not look to the supply we have been getting over the last few weeks due to a number of reports about inconsistent ripening....Klingbiel should have plenty available next week - put avos back on your list this week.
- Bananas, Nectarines - both White and Yellow, Seedless Watermelon and Blueberries from Tassie (now approaching end of season) have been great. Bosc Pears starting this week and William will be replaced by Packham.
- Our locally grown Iceberg lettuce has not survived the intense weather we have been experiencing and so will not be available for the next few weeks - Jo's pick is still Mini Cos.
- Cauliflower supply appears to have improved. Add a roast cauliflower salad to the menu this week - check out the news page. ...but keep in mind Summer Cauliflower are always a little rough around the edges, an off white to yellowy colour, a little rubbery and generally not as densely developed as the Winter Cauli's we love, this loose formation coupled with extreme temps can result in there being random problems with grubs etc....the good news is they have a good flavour if you can get past the uninviting appearance....appearance doesn't really matter after roasting anyway!
- Zucchini, Squash, Carrots, Radish, Beans, Bok Choy, Lebanese Cucumber, Cherry Tomatoes - especially Grape, Broccoli, Capsicum - Orange and Red in particular, Fennel, Butternut and Jap Pumpkin, Kale - all varieties (bug problem has improved immensely this week), Mushrooms and English Spinach Bunches have been great. Red Sweet Potato available this week - for anyone new to red Sweet Potato - they have a purple skin and white flesh and are quite aesthetically challenged - not to mention they never last long.
- As with most February's....we are experiencing a whole range of weather conditions - hot and wet being one of the worst for Growers around the country. Of course these conditions can always present random problems across a whole range of produce...Please keep in mind that we guarantee the quality of all of the produce we supply you. We would hate to think that anything we have supplied you has ended up straight in the compost...but we are dealing in fresh fruit and veg and these things can happen...thankfully not often ! We have updated our website with the most up to date and accurate information available to us at this time, but due to the unpredictable weather there is of course some uncertainty with our expected supply. The good news is that we have quite a few supply options available to us and so may list a Grower on our site that does not end up supplying us goodies this week. Rest assured we only deal in Certified Organic fresh Fruit & Vegetables and so if the origin of the goodies we supply to you changes the organic status will not.
- Did you know we have Dinner Boxes or Recipe Packages also simply known as Dinner Inspiration for those of us preparing dinner for the fam each evening...Head to our Package Deal Page to find this week's selection of Recipe inspirations. We know you all have things in your pantry like Olive Oil so with our packages you can simply add the package to your cart and then delete any goodies you don't require. So simple !
- Please excuse us if the indications we have on size of produce on our website is off the mark, or we supply you from a Grower that is different to the one we have listed on our site..... We are updating our site without actually having the produce we are selling in front of us and things can change without notice, like the weather for instance. We have updated our website today with the most up-to-date and accurate information about what will be available for next week's deliveries...but it is Wednesday and there are quite a few days before we will actually see the produce we are selling to you. Rest assured we only deal in CERTIFIED ORGANIC fresh produce....that is, produce that has been independently audited to ensure that it is grown in line with the National Standard for Organic Production. Lettuce Deliver is also independently audited to ensure we are selling Certified Organic Produce. We are Certified with NASAA...and can proudly produce an audit trail on all our produce at a moment's notice.
PLEASE RETURN OUR POLY BOXES and ICEBLOCKS
We pick up all boxes that we deliver in and ask that you keep them clean and dry for a week so that we can swap them with the empty boxes when making your next delivery....If our drivers are not picking up your empty boxes please lettuce know. The Gel pack Iceblocks that we are supplying you are also a considerable cost to our business if they are not returned as are the poly boxes. Please leave out for collection with your next order. We will also collect any packaging material we may supply you including egg cartons, plastic boxes, bubble wrap etc. - simply leave inside your returning boxes.
CREDIT CARD PAYMENTS
As you know, we charge your credit card for your delivery total on the day of or day after your delivery. Please ensure that we have your up to date credit card details and that there are sufficient funds available on the day of your delivery for us to process your payment.